Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Have You No Decency, Sir? - The Ugliness of Uncontrollable Male Passion



Mark Judge is such a despicable human being, it's hard to pick out exactly which quote of this piece by Amanda Arnold in The CutKavanaugh’s Alleged Accomplice Once Praised ‘Uncontrollable Male Passion,’ to use to depict that. 

Is it: “There’s also that ambiguous middle ground, where the woman seems interested and indicates, whether verbally or not, that the man needs to prove himself to her [...] And if that man is any kind of man, he’ll allow himself the awesome power, the wonderful beauty, of uncontrollable male passion.”

Or: “Oh for the days when president George W. Bush gave his wife Laura a loving but firm pat on the backside in public [...] The man knew who was boss.”

No, I think, as a proud coffee-drinking smut-seller who regularly wears lingerie as everyday outer wear, I'm going to go with: “Women who dress like prostitutes are also sending out signals [...] The signal is not that they should be raped. But if a posture while drinking coffee is indicative of the soul and personality within, than so is marching down the street in your underwear.”

Fuck you. You know what me drinking coffee says about me? I DRINK COFFEE. In the same way, the only thing my clothes say about me, in whatever state of dress I'm in, that you can be sure about, without using your words and asking me like an adult, is THAT I'M WEARING CLOTHES.

Any other assumption you make says more about you than me. And, if clothing determines whether you treat the person wearing them as a human being worthy of respect and common decency, you lack any sense of respect, common decency, or humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment