Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Don't Be "That Guy"

So I was told that I haven't been posting here as much as I should. And that's very true. 
I've been unforgivably lazy and have been doing more small posts on Facebook & Twitter; so please come follow me there to keep up with what I'm up to. 
But, for the moment, I thought I'd share some of my favorite posts from the past few weeks here too:

There's been a lot of talk about how to (and how not to) approach women in public. I think a lot of the over-the-top rhetoric about this is unnecessarily hyperbolic, but the main point is perfect.

Guys, if you want to approach a woman who is reading or has headphones in or is otherwise engaged in an activity in which, if it were you doing it, you wouldn't want to be disturbed, just don't.

Because I, like almost every other woman, has been on the other end of these encounters before, and believe us when we tell you, they never end well.

They're awkward and uncomfortable and are just an unpleasant interruption to whatever we were doing before you decided you wanted to try to orchestrate your own meet-cute.

The few times this has gone well, in my experience, it's always been with people who were naturally great cold conversationalists. People for whom talking to strangers and getting them to engage with them was a skill they already had. Sales people. Entertainers. People people.

If you're taking advice from some BS PUA punk on the internet..I hate to break it to you, but you're not that kind of guy.

And that's okay.

You are another kind of guy. Be that guy. Be the best "that guy" you can be. Try online dating. Try joining social groups. Hell, try enjoying the hell out of being single, fill your life up with all the things you really love doing. Who knows, you might end up finding other like-minded people to date while you do. And, even if you don't, you'll still have a life full of pretty awesome stuff.

Because, yeah, trying a strategy that requires skills you clearly don't have...like I said, I can say with a good amount of surety it's not going to go well. Unless you really want to come off as the most awkward, inconvenient part of her commute.

READ A STORY I WROTE ABOUT THIS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment