Sunday, February 2, 2014

What a Difference a Decade Makes


So I’ve been seeing the whole #10yearchallenge going around. And it’s mostly been “still a snack” kind of posts, which is great (see my cosplay version of my favorite costume below).

But it’s also kinda stirred up some stuff that I’ve been wrestling with for a while now. All last year, I was thinking about how 2022 marks ten years of me being a published author. And I’ll admit that I’ve been feeling like I’ve wasted this past decade on a dream that’s never going to come true. And, it’s true; I am not where I’d hope to be & will likely never be. Writing is never going to be my full-time job. I will never have hundreds, much less millions, of readers. It will always be a hobby of mine that will feel like everything to me while going completely unnoticed to pretty much everyone else.

But I have not done nothing.

After 10 years, I may not have my dreams, but I am more than just a dreamer.

And that’s something.

(And, sure, still a snack; that’s something too, I guess)


WANT MORE?

FIND MORE STORIES HERE

2 comments:

  1. Love it love it love it! Peter sounds perfect and Stan's a shithead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much; so glad you enjoyed it! Peter has a special place in my heart--he's my very first leading top! And, yes, Stan is a bit of a jerk. This story is very loosely based on an awkward moment in my own life; you can read about it here, if you're curious.

      Delete