Friday, January 31, 2014

Reading Between the Threads

So, I need a bit of a writing break. But I want to still post content here; let you know what I’m up to and creating. So here’s a bit of that. This weekend, I had the urge to take my crack at a book dress.

When my favorite fabric store went out of business a while ago, I grabbed this book fabric. But I never knew what I wanted to do with it.

This weekend, I just had an urge to do something with it.

When we moved, we also found some old, forgotten curtains and I decided to Von Trapp a skirt to add more volume to the dress.

I still want to make a cape and, maybe, a shirt to go with the dress, but we’ll see. For now, here it is, in all its bookish glory.

Capelet!

Made a blouse to go with my dress from the leftover curtain material.

See the absolute finished outfit in this video of My Final Form!

No comments:

Post a Comment