Friday, January 31, 2014

Reading Between the Threads

So, I need a bit of a writing break. But I want to still post content here; let you know what I’m up to and creating. So here’s a bit of that. This weekend, I had the urge to take my crack at a book dress.

When my favorite fabric store went out of business a while ago, I grabbed this book fabric. But I never knew what I wanted to do with it.

This weekend, I just had an urge to do something with it.

When we moved, we also found some old, forgotten curtains and I decided to Von Trapp a skirt to add more volume to the dress.

I still want to make a cape and, maybe, a shirt to go with the dress, but we’ll see. For now, here it is, in all its bookish glory.

Capelet!

Made a blouse to go with my dress from the leftover curtain material.

See the absolute finished outfit in this video of My Final Form!

 

WANT MORE? 

FIND MORE STORIES HERE 


No comments:

Post a Comment