Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tip of the Hat - Box of Doom Girl Hat

Finished my Dimension 20 hat for my Box of Doom Girl cosplay.


It started out life as a chip and delivery box that I cut up while Husband played the new “God of War” game.


A little felt & hot glue later, it was starting to come together.

Using the leftover foam board from my Box of Doom bricks, some scrap material, & embroidery floss, I created a skull & dice patches. I also used the Dimension 20 logo from my Box as a pattern for the hat as well.

I chose to do a cuter, cartoonish skull to help balance out the gruesome, grotesque skull of the box. Plus, it reminds of the fantastic, adorable animated art that Dimension 20 does of their characters.


All finished! It turned out so cute! Again, I love the whole old-school casino feel of it; it fits so well with the whole dice-rolling aspect. Also, I’m amused by the “Nat 20” and “Two Crew” rolls of my dice patches.



No comments:

Post a Comment